Requirements to Sponsor
The Person you are Sponsoring
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who has not yourself been sponsored in the last five (5) years,
- Be at least 18 years of age,
- Take full financial responsibility for the sponsored spouse or common-law partner for three (3) years from the time they become permanent residents.
- must be legally married to a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (please note that same-sex marriages qualify for sponsorship only if the marriage was performed in a country where same-sex marriage is recognized) OR
- must have been living with your partner for at least 1 full year (same-sex and opposite-sex partners may apply),
- must show that you have plans by which you will be able to financially support yourself and any dependents,
- must successfully complete medical, criminal and background screenings.
FOR A CONSULTATION CALL NOW!
What our clients are saying
I Highly recommended this company. I have engaged Can-Am to initiate the visa process for my wife while we are living overseas. Nir and Allison have offered the right professional advice and worked closely with us to prepare the needed documents. This expert preparation has proved most valuable such that our application has sailed through successfully in a matter of several months instead of the lengthy time estimated, and without a hitch.
Thank you Can-Am Immigrations for helping my wife and I get through the hard time of getting this done. Most Special thanks to Nir Rozenberg and his staff, Allison C. for being so helpful and working with us. Without you, I doubt we could have done it. You are an awesome team and I highly recommended you.
Nir Rozenberg and the Can-Am team are the all-star pros of navigating the complex, highly-detailed process and heavy paper-workload of getting permanent residency in Canada. They worked with us every step of the way, and my wife got her PR/landed immigrant status in a record 3 months after we filed. Bravo!
Vancouver, British Columbia
We were lucky enough to find Nir to represent us for our sponsorship application. He is truly a God sent for us. Nir is very understanding, easy going, honest and helping minded. He does what he says and that’s the best quality in him.
We had what we thought was a hopelessly complicated immigration situation (as now I realize many must seem), but Nir and his team handled everything in stride, with grace, ease, and good humor. We would highly recommend the use of his services.
CAN-AM is an amazing immigration law firm and I highly recommend them, specifically Nir Rozenberg, who helped me to get my wife’s visa after she got refused the first time. The service and fees are A+. If you are looking for a professional IMMIGRATION firm, CAN-AM is your solution!