For a consultation Call Now!       1-888-502-3239

For a consultation Call Now! 1-888-502-3239

U.S. & Canada Immigration Blog


Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur
adipiscing elit. Quisque ac velit sit amet
felis semper luctus. Suspendisse ut
iaculis orci, at pretium eros.

As of March 15, 2016, travelers planning to enter Canada for a visit, and are not visa-exempt will be required to apply for travel authorization prior to their arrival to Canada. Exceptions include American citizens and those with a valid travel visa. The travel authorization, also known as Electronic Travel Authorization or eTA can be applied for online for a fee of $7 CAD.

Electronic Travel Authorizations will be valid for a period of five (5) years, or until the expiration of the travelers passport, or whichever comes first. The eTA will be linked to the travelers’ passport, and it is therefore a requirement that the traveler arrives at the Canadian border presenting his or her passport used to apply for the eTA. Citizenship & Immigration Canada is allowing travelers to apply today for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) today, but this will become a requirement beginning March 15, 2016. Anyone arriving in Canada without an eTA could face problems at the border, and can risk being denied entry.

To apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA), applicants must submit a request by completing an online application available at